Bringing Your Kitten Home
You will need:
● Lots of toys
Preparing to bring your new Persian or Himalayan kitten home:
● Scratching post with toy attached
● Scoopable cat litter (any brand)
● Medium litter box no lid—scoop litter daily, change entire box monthly
● Steel comb—for combing daily
● Nail clipper—to trim toe nails monthly
For very young kittens:
● Purina One Healthy Kitten Formula Dry Cat Food – leave out all day – use glass, ceramic or metal bowls
● Purina Pro Plan Focus Can of wet food - mixed with 1⁄4 tsp of the Doc Roy's Feline Care Vitamins and 1⁄4 tsp of the Lysine to one can for each kitten – feed 1⁄2 of can in the morning and 1⁄2 of can in the evening – add a little water to mixture
For kittens 12 weeks old and up, gradually add:
● Purina One Healthy Kitten Formula Dry Cat Food - gradually add in Lifes Abundance All Stages Dry Cat Food - leave out all day – use glass, ceramic or metal bowls
● Continue Purina Pro Plan Focus Can of wet food - gradually add in Lifes Abundance All Stages Wet Cat Food, mixed with 1⁄4 tsp of the Doc Roy's Feline Care Vitamins and 1⁄4 tsp of the Lysine to one can for each kitten – feed 1⁄2 of can in the morning and 1⁄2 of can in the evening – add a little water to mixture
● Fresh clean water daily in metal or ceramic bowl
▪ Recommended: Provide a circulating water fountain to encourage kitten to drink more
● Keep kitten in small area for the first few days till they are used to you. Kitten usually will not eat
the first day or two from stress.
● Watch for any negative changes as sneezing or not playing, if this happens bring to vet immediately, then call me.
● Kitten will go home with shots appropriate per age, they will need three sets of shots within one month apart and then rabies.
● Eyes need to be cleaned daily with a wet warm water on a tissue then wipe dry with clean tissue.
● You will need to be home for at least two to three days to bond with your new kitten, and give it
lots of love. You will need to be their mother, brother, and sister.
● The first night they may cry a lot or even for the first few days, just pick up and love on them, they
miss their old family here.
● The kitten doesn’t know you so they don't hate or dislike you. They are just afraid of their new
home, so give them time to adjust.
● I give a 7 day health guarantee so please make a vet appointment for routine checkup.
Thank you for purchasing a kitten from VictoriasCat's Cattery 267-446-4399